Photo by Joseph Manch

The venerable Congregation B'rith Sholom's final building was on the south side of Hertel Avenue, just east of Delaware Avenue.  It started on the east side in about 1865, and was on Pine Street throughout the majority of its history.  The above building was opened as a second building in 1951.  The Orthodox congregation moved entirely to the North Buffalo location in 1958; the Pine Street building was torn down in 1961, and the congregation folded entirely a few years thereafter.  The Hertel Avenue building is no longer in existence.  The small white sign on the door had an arrow pointing to the left, and read, "Ladies, please use other door".