The Jefferson Avenue Shul's official name was Ahavas Sholem Synagogue.  The building, which is the Buffalo area's oldest standing former synagogue, was constructed in 1903 and appears to be in poor condition.  The congregation was located at this site just north of William Street between 1892 (before this building existed) and the late 1950's.  The painting by David Grossman, which is located in the sanctuary of the Weinberg Campus in Amherst, shows how the building looked in the 1940's.